Saturday, January 1, 2011

Change Be Good

2010 will soon become 2011. Evenings will get colder, briefly, before they get progressively warmer. Cups of coffee, tea and cocoa will be made and people will think about, or talk about, how things turned out – better than, worse than, or much as they expected.

I will remember 2010 as the year in which Things Changed. I abandoned my particular corporate ship, set sail for foreign shores (course uncharted), and was eventually safely swept ashore. I now do something I never thought I’d do, and I think I will like it more than I liked other things I’ve done. I’ve been to places I’ve never been before. The places I have been to before, I experienced anew. Change is a constant, and it helps when it seems to be good.

One of the nicest things about a multicultural inheritance is having multiple opportunities to look back on how one spent one’s time. In that spirit, I wish you a Happy New Year.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work by ToruJ is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.